Under general supervision, performs public transportation and paratransit (Americans with Disabilities Act) scheduling, routing and dispatching duties; operates a variety of communication equipment, telephone, and scheduling systems; creates, maintains and monitors computerized driver manifests/schedules; and responds to requests for service and provides a variety of information to passengers and the general public.
**DOT PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENING AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. **SOUTHERN NEVADA TRANSIT COALITION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Provide public transportation and paratransit dispatching and routing services to seniors, disabled individuals certified under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the general public; dispatch fixed-route, senior transit, veterans transportation, and paratransit vehicles as appropriate.
- Create, maintain and monitor computerized daily manifests/schedules for dispatching and routing transit services; modify and update schedules to improve services.
- Monitor for information regarding scheduling issues and field situations; notify supervisor of situations requiring attention.
- Receive, screen, maintain and update applications for senior and mobility-impaired public transportation services.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical duties including answering a multi-line phone, data entry and typing duties; maintain accurate records, logs and files on transportation and paratransit services; create monthly reports.
- Provide a variety of public transportation information to passengers, the general public and other public agencies; provide quality customer service and respond to public inquiries and requests for service in a courteous manner.
- Respond to the activation of the City’s emergency operation center by assisting in the coordination of transportation for emergency personnel, resources, equipment and supplies as needed.
- Assist clerical support staff with other general office duties as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Provide safe and reliable public transportation services to the mobility impaired.
- Create and maintain a detailed schedule for providing dispatching services.
- Respond in a courteous manner to requests and inquiries from the general public.
- Effectively handle difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Operate office equipment, computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
- Perform a wide variety of general clerical duties.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of transportation and paratransit services.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
GROUP INSURANCE – Health insurance is available at a minimal expense to eligible full-time employees. There is coverage available for spouses and dependents, no employer contribution provided for this coverage. The SNTC pays the monthly life insurance premium for eligible employees. Eligible employees are covered by a Workman’s Compensation Program in accordance with the provisions of the Nevada Industrial Insurance Act (NRS Chapter 616) and the Nevada Occupational Diseases Act (NRS 617). PERSONAL TIME OFF (PTO) – PTO accrual is based at the rate of 6.15 PTO hours for each biweekly pay period for full-time employees and 3.00 PTO hours for part-time employees after the employee successfully passes the 90-day probation period. MISCELLANEOUS LEAVES – Court leave, military leave, parental leave, and leave without pay, (upon approval) for eligible employees.
Director of Human Resources
Southern Nevada Transit Coalition
260 E. Laughlin Civic Dr.
Laughlin, NV 89029
Office: (702) 298-4435
Fax: (702) 298-7925